To add an event to the list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Garden Party has been rearranged for Sunday 13th August at 4pm
It had to be cancelled on the original date of 23rd July because of bad weather
Jonet & Richard Bown have kindly offered the use of their garden for this years garden party. Details remain the same but will be re-sent by email to all members prior to the event
This is an early notification of the 2017 outings programme to enable you to pencil them into your diary.
THERE WILL BE AN OUTINGS EVENING AS PART OF OUR 2017/18 PROGRAMME OF EVENTS SO TAKE LOTS OF IMAGES TO MAKE THE EVENING A SUCCESS!!
- Sunday 7th May: Point to Point meeting at Easingwold
- A great opportunity to photograph bookies, horsey people, country people, hounds and get close up to photograph horses flying over fences.
- Saturday 3rd June: Harewood Hill Climb; Classic and Vintage Cars
- Interesting range of classic and vintage cars going as fast as possible on the uphill course. Motor enthusiasts in deep discussion over sprockets and spark plugs!
- Saturday 15th July: Coach Trip to Hull, UK City of Culture
- Lots of events all year. Lots to photograph including a full size wind turbine blade on its side in the town centre, the parish church about to become a minster, the fishing port, Jean (The Bee) Bishop raising money for Age UK, William Wilberforce’s birthplace, Vintage car museum (Lane Motor Museum) if wet, The Deep if wet, Hull Old Town (very photogenic)
- Stop off on return at the Humber Bridge to photograph in the late afternoon sun
- Saturday 5th August or Sunday 6th August if wet on the Saturday: Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Acres of well positioned sculptures within a rural setting. The exhibits are always changing, so if you have not been recently there will be new exhibits to see.
- Saturday 19th August: Dales Walk
- Based on Appletreewick which has a good foodie pub (The Craven Arms). A walk with good views and interest returning to the village pub for food (for those who wish to). Also an opportunity for those who prefer, to visit Parcevall Hall Gardens which is 2 miles away
- Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October: Masham Sheep Fair
- Two days where Masham market place becomes full of an amazing variety of sheep breeds and their owners. Judging of competitions, people of all ages, farmers down from the hills and food market. Ample parking in aid of Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Different sheep breeds on each day!! Great photography venue
*****The coach trip is now fully subscribed*****
Our 2016-2017 programme of talks is almost at an end, however, we still have two exceptional photographers to come.
Marta Kochanek is one of the UK’s finest portrait & figure photographers. She will be showing a wide range of work including Cognitive Bodies and her latest project Lov’yer. (Monday 3rd April 2017)
Our final speaker is documentary photographer Marc Wilson. His first book The Last Stand was published in 2014 and documents the wartime coastal defences of North-West Europe and the memories and histories they contain. His latest on-going project A Wounded Landscape documents the remnants of the Holocaust. (10th April 2017)
Graham Roberts our President Elect will be announcing the 2017-2018 Programme of Talks on Monday 24 April 2017. We will publish the Programme immediately after the announcement. Watch this space!
Our next visiting photographer is award winning landscape photographer Mark Littlejohn. He was named the Take a View’s Landscape Photographer of the Year in 2014 and specialises in moody, atmospheric early morning conditions.
Visitors are welcome!
We are delighted to announce an evening with award winning photographer Julian Calverley. The first half of this very special evening will showcase Julian’s commercial work and the second half his stunningly beautiful landscape photography.
Julian has featured in Lürzer’s Archive 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide for over ten years.
Julian’s international clients include: Aston Martin, BP, Land Rover, Marks & Spencer, Mercedes, Selfridges, Virgin, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2014, Julian published #IPHONEONLY – a collection of dramatic landscape photos taken on his iPhone.
Photography students and visitors from other camera groups are welcome to attend. The event will be held in The Constance Green Hall at St Aidan’s Church of England High School, Harrogate on Monday 24th October 2016.
Our annual photography exhibition at St Peter’s Church, Harrogate is now open to the public. This years theme is Portraits. Our members are manning the exhibition throughout the week and will be delighted to answer any questions about the work or the Society in general. Entry is free!
Monday 3rd to Sunday 9th October 2016.
The theme of our annual photography exhibition is Portraits and it will be held at St Peter’s Church in central Harrogate, Monday 3rd to Sunday 9th October 2016.
Our members are manning the exhibition and will be delighted to answer any questions about the work or the Society in general. Entry is free!
Bradford’s Impressions Gallery is looking for self-published and/or handmade photobooks, and photography zines to sell at our Photobook Fair this October.
Last year they promoted 35 unique, self published titles to over 600 visitors, this is a fantastic opportunity to promote your photobook to a wider audience.
The Photobook Fair will be held on Saturday 15 October 2016, 11am to 4.30pm and is a FREE event. There will be stalls with leading photographic publishers and booksellers, as well as a programme of talks and events throughout the day.
Successful submissions will be sold on a dedicated stall of self-published photobooks run by Impressions. Closing date for applications is 11am on Wednesday 14 September 2016.
Click here to find out more and how to apply: www.impressions-gallery.com