This is an early notification of the 2017 outings programme to enable you to pencil them into your diary.
THERE WILL BE AN OUTINGS EVENING AS PART OF OUR 2017/18 PROGRAMME OF EVENTS SO TAKE LOTS OF IMAGES TO MAKE THE EVENING A SUCCESS!!
- Sunday 7th May: Point to Point meeting at Easingwold
- A great opportunity to photograph bookies, horsey people, country people, hounds and get close up to photograph horses flying over fences.
- Saturday 3rd June: Harewood Hill Climb; Classic and Vintage Cars
- Interesting range of classic and vintage cars going as fast as possible on the uphill course. Motor enthusiasts in deep discussion over sprockets and spark plugs!
- Saturday 15th July: Coach Trip to Hull, UK City of Culture
- Lots of events all year. Lots to photograph including a full size wind turbine blade on its side in the town centre, the parish church about to become a minster, the fishing port, Jean (The Bee) Bishop raising money for Age UK, William Wilberforce’s birthplace, Vintage car museum (Lane Motor Museum) if wet, The Deep if wet, Hull Old Town (very photogenic)
- Stop off on return at the Humber Bridge to photograph in the late afternoon sun
- Saturday 5th August or Sunday 6th August if wet on the Saturday: Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Acres of well positioned sculptures within a rural setting. The exhibits are always changing, so if you have not been recently there will be new exhibits to see.
- Saturday 19th August: Dales Walk
- Based on Appletreewick which has a good foodie pub (The Craven Arms). A walk with good views and interest returning to the village pub for food (for those who wish to). Also an opportunity for those who prefer, to visit Parcevall Hall Gardens which is 2 miles away
- Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October: Masham Sheep Fair
- Two days where Masham market place becomes full of an amazing variety of sheep breeds and their owners. Judging of competitions, people of all ages, farmers down from the hills and food market. Ample parking in aid of Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Different sheep breeds on each day!! Great photography venue
*****The coach trip is now fully subscribed*****